Ph.D. Position in Enzymology/Biocatalysis (100 %)
We are looking to fill a Ph.D. position in the areas of biocatalysis, enzymology or structural biology at the Department of Chemistry, University of Basel in Switzerland. Our group has pioneered a methodology that uses off-the-shelf reagents to drive enzyme-catalyzed methylation of complex molecules with high regio- and chemo-selectivity. We also like to dig deep into structural and mechanistic questions about enzymatic O2-activation.
To reach new ambitious milestones in these directions we are looking for motivated Ph.D. students (100 % employment, 4 years).
Successful candidates should either have a strong background in preparative organic chemistry, or protein biochemistry with an interest for mechanistic organic chemistry.
- Master in Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Substantial experience with analytical methods (NMR, MS, HPLC) and/or molecular biology (PCR, cloning, plasmid design)
We offer you
- Fully funded position, project start negotiable
- Exciting and innovative research projects
- World-class research infrastructure (lab, department, campus)
- A motivated, multicultural, diverse, interdisciplinary and hard–charging team
- An enjoyable city (Expat City Ranking 2021: top 9, world-wide) in the center of Europe
We look forward to your application via email (motivation letter, CV, copies of university degrees, including grades, written master thesis).
Highly motivated and qualified students interested in joining our lab for a Master thesis or Wahlpraktikum should get in contact with Florian Seebeck (mail/contact form) or come by the office (O02.026) for further information.
Highly motivated candidates interested in joining our lab for a postdoctoral position should get in contact with Florian Seebeck (email/contact form) for further information. Please include CV, list of publication and a short motivation letter in the email.
Prof. Florian P. Seebeck
CH-4002 Basel, Switzerland